Naturopathic Doctors (ND/NMD) unlike Traditional Naturopaths are trained at one of these seven federally accredited naturopathic schools:
- Bastyr University
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- Bridgeport University
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- National University of Health Sciences
- National University of Natural Medicine
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
Once ND candidates have graduated, they are required to sit for 2 sets of federal licensing exams as well as a state/province jurisprudence exam. Once all of these exams are passed the candidate can then apply for an ND license, which would need to be renewed every 12-24 months.
There are currently 22 states, 3 US territories, and 6 Canadian provinces in which have licensure. Fortunately, this number is growing every year as to provide natural healthcare to all.