The bodily accumulation of toxicants from our environment is one of the greatest challenges to maintaining normal health in modern times. Sneaking in like a mouse in the night, we typically don’t know these harmful chemicals and metals are there until the signs are finally seen in later stages of poisoning. Nonetheless, the fact is that they are ever-present and contribute to a vast and growing list of human health issues. Since our health is determined and dependent upon our environment, we are all affected by these carcinogens. In our experience with cancer and chronic disease, it is imperative that we all (calling all earthlings!) commit to actively detoxifying as part of our preventive health programs.
Heavy metals are incredibly disruptive to normal bodily processes; effectively displacing necessary minerals, toxic metals disrupt enzymes and detoxification pathways. The primary three systems that are impacted from metal toxicity are the nervous system, the endocrine system and the immune system, yet the body as a whole often becomes slowly compromised with chronic low-level exposures, leading to a struggle of the most fundamental biochemistry, and thus symptoms and disease.
Quicksilver IMD or, Intestinal Metal Detox, is one of the best metal removal products on the market, as it allows the gut to handle the detox (vs. kidneys). The kidneys are fragile flowery organs that can easily get damaged by the metals and intense chelators like EDTA, DMSA. IMD is a very specific metal binder with added thiols-…sulphur containing, specific to metal binding especially for Mercury, and to some degree Antimony, Cadmium, Arsenic, etc. As the liver mobilizes metals and moves them into the bile to make it to the intestines, IMD supports avoiding reabsorption. IMD attaches to methyl-mercury, and other metals, and escorts them safely out of the body via the intestines, sparing the vulnerable kidneys.
Please note: you must be logged in as a patient to view IMD.
IMD IS A GREAT SUPPORT FOR:
- Natural elimination of metals through the intestines
- Restoring blocked detoxification pathways
- Supporting intestinal health, reducing intestinal inflammation
- Anyone with current or past amalgams (silver dental fillings)
- People who love sushi, fish, especially tuna!
- LIVER FUNCTION: Liposomal Glutathione or NAC. Both of these will help your body to detox.
- You can take these supplements before or with IMD.
- SYSTEMIC Metal Mobilization with SAUNA Infrared light has the ability to penetrate human tissue which, in turn produces a host of anti-aging, immune-boosting, detoxifying, and anti-inflammatory health benefits. We almost always suggest pairing metal detoxing with Sauna support.
- (DISCOUNTED saunas here!)
- Optimizing bile flow: Ichol (or Ichol Plus), Phospholipid Complex, Better Bitters, or Chicory Ginger Bitters
- LYMPH SUPPORT: It is also important to drain the lymphatics, a highly detailed path, adjacent to the better-known circulatory system, that carries away waste from our body’s building up and breaking down processes (metabolism).
- Watch for more news on supporting your lymphatics coming soon!
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Be sure to only use this product when your bowels are moving well.
- HEADACHES? Headaches means you are pushing things out, and the biliary flow is probably backed up.
- Pairs well with other binders, such as Cellcore’s HM-ET and can be taken at the same time.
- Do not take with thiol reactive metals you need, such as Zinc.
Don’t Believe you have heavy metal exposure? We ALL do!
Get tested to see what HEAVY METALS you are eliminating!
- Quicksilver Blood Metals Panel: This test screens for 16 metals – a broad range of nutrient and toxic metals to show elevated exposures to toxic metals or imbalances of nutrient metals in whole blood. Nutrient Elements: Calcium, Copper, Lithium, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Selenium, Zinc + Potentially Toxic Elements: Antimony, Arsenic, Cadmium, Cobalt, Lead, Mercury, Silver, Strontium
- Quicksilver Mercury Tri-Test: This test screens for toxic levels of mercury in the blood. Mercury is extremely toxic in most forms and can be absorbed through the skin and mucous membranes, and its vapors can be inhaled. Modern-day medicinal applications have caused dangerous levels of mercury in children and adults. Furthermore, mercury can enter the human body through the consumption of contaminated fish that swim in mercury-polluted waters.
- View ALL Specialty Terrain Testing Options HERE!
- Learn MORE about Quicksilver Testing