- ½ cup pecan meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered Stevia sweetener
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk or almond milk (or heavy organic cream if not dairy-sensitive)
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted grass-fed organic butter or ghee melted but not hot, plus extra for greasing and serving
- 1 teaspoon Lakanto maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a jumbo 6-well muffin pan or standard-size 12-well muffin pan with ghee or butter.
- Place the pecan meal, coconut flour, powdered sweetener (if using powdered), baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the eggs, cashew milk, melted butter, liquid sweetener (if using liquid), and syrup, if using, and blend well.
- Pour the batter into the greased muffin pan, filling each well about two-thirds full, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes if using a jumbo muffin pan or 12 to 15 minutes if using a regular-size muffin pan, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before removing from the pan.
- Serve with additional butter or ghee.
Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.
Makes 6 jumbo or 12 regular-size muffins (1 jumbo or 2 regular-size per serving).