- 3 cups of organic whole milk, canned full-fat coconut milk, or other unsweetened nut milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup of granulated monkfruit or stevia
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of hot freshly brewed strong coffee
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 stick of cinnamon and 5 cloves
- A pinch of freshly-grated nutmeg
- Optional: 1 tbsp MCT oil, organic butter, ghee
- Heating milk–Heat milk, making sure it does not break the boil.
- Mixing eggs and milk–Mix eggs, sweetener, and salt. Whisk until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Add the egg and milk mix to pot, starting with small quantities and mixing thoroughly before adding more egg mix.
- Stir in coffee and cacao.
- Heating eggnog–Return the eggnog to the pot and heat over medium-low heat, add in cinnamon and cloves stirring until it starts to become foamy and a bit thicker approx. 5 mins.
- If desiring additional fat content whisk in MCT oil, butter and/or ghee
- Cooling and serving: Remove the eggnog from the heat and whisk until it becomes a bit cooler (so it doesn’t form a crust).
- Sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Loosely based on recipe from dominicancooking.com