- 1 1/2 packages tempeh, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 1/2 c. arame soaked for 10 minutes and then drained.
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, washed and any brown parts near the stem removed.
- 1 small zucchini, cut into small strips
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into small strips
- 1-2 black radishes, peeled and cut into small strips
- Cucumbers, daikon or other radish strips could also be added or substituted.
For the marinade:
- 1/3 c. wheat-free tamari
- 2/3 c. water
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- 1T. Bragg?s Liquid Aminos
Marinate the tempeh strips in mix above for 1-2 hours or immediately place in the oven on 100-150 degrees (lowest setting) and allow the tempeh to slowly absorb the flavors while partially ‘dehydrating’. Be sure to use a square glass or metal container that allows the tempeh pieces to be completely covered by the liquid. Meanwhile, prepare the squash, radishes and lettuce. Once the tempeh has absorbed most (not all) of the marinade, remove the tempeh from the oven (probably 1 1/2 hours) and mix the remaining liquid into a bowl with the other vegetables, save the lettuce leaves for the ‘wrap’. Then on a dry plate, place 2-3 pieces of tempeh lengthwise on a leaf of the lettuce. Then, with tongs, grab a ‘handful’ of the vegetable/arame mix and place in the center of the leaf, on top of the tempeh. Gently wrap the leaf around the contents and place on another plate. Repeat with all leaves or until you’ve made enough!
- About Us